The membership of NIPM is a recognition of the high standards of your professional attainments and your commitment to the causes and furtherance of professionalism in the management and development of human resources. It gives you a chance to establish valuable contacts with fellow members, exchange ideas and information, and represent issues of common concern at local and national forums.
You are entitled to a wide range of services and development activities directed towards enhancement of your professional skills. You are also entitled, as a member of NIPM to :
- Attend and participate in the meetings, discussions, lectures, film shows and such other programmes which are organised by the institute or its chapters.
- Participate at concessional rates in the management training and development programmes organised by NIPM or its Regions and Chapters.
- Get a copy of the institute's quarterly journal: ' Personnel Today 'and a copy of its news bulletin 'NIPM News' at free of charge.
- Get a copy of the journal, newsletter, bulletin or such other publications brought out by the concerned Chapter at free of charge.
- Use Library/Information Centre at NIPM National Office and /or at the concerned chapter.
An individual may be admitted to Associate membership, if at the time of such admission he /she fulfills the requirements of both 1 & 2 below, that is, if
- He /she had a recognized degree or diploma in personnel management/ industrial relations/ labour welfare or has passed at least a degree examination or its equivalent in any other stream and has thereafter acquired adequate knowledge of personnel management/industrial relations/ labour welfare, and
- is holding a managerial or administrative position in an industrial, trading or commercial organization.
For admission to corporate membership, an individual should posses the qualification as at above, and in addition, should have
- At least three years' practical experience in any assignment in personnel management/industrial relations /labour welfare, if he/she has a degree or diploma in any of the above three streams, or at least five years' practical experience in case of a degree or its equivalent in any other stream; and
- Be holding a managerial or administrative or staff training position in any industrial, trading or commercial organization and be dealing mainly with personnel management or industrial relations or labour welfare or any branch or any aspect of them; or be working as Adviser /Consultant to an industrial training, commercial or employers' organization and be dealing mainly with personnel management or industrial relations or labour welfare or any branch or any aspect of them; or be engaged as a full time teacher in personnel management or industrial relations or labour welfare in a recognized educational institution.
Any individual who is eligible to become a corporate member or who is already a corporate member may become a Life member by making payment of Rs. 5,000/-.
An individual who is undergoing a recognised course, either for a degree or diploma, in personnel management or industrial relations or labour welfare, may be admitted to student membership.
The central or any state government or an local self government body or any of their departments or any statutory body or corporation, statutory or otherwise, or any organisation or any institution or an association, whether incorporated or not, which subscribes to and is interested in furtherance of the objects of the institute is eligible for institutional membership.
- Every person admitted to any class of membership of NIPM shall be liable to follow in his/her professional practice, as a member in any rank of management, the code of ethics of the institute and shall also make a genuine attempt to adhere to the standards laid down in the code in all his/her dealings.
- Every person admitted to any class of membership of NIPM shall conduct himself/herself in such a manner as to preserve NIPM's image and dignity and shall not misuse authority or office for personal gain and self-interest.
- Every member will be liable to pay the appropriate annual subscription which becomes due and payable before 1st April every year.
- Any member not clearing up his/her annual subscription within three months of the commencement of the year i.e. 30th June, shall be treated as a defaulter. If the defaulter fails to clear up their subscriptions latest by 30th September, their names are liable to be removed from membership.
- A person removed from the membership of the Institute may be readmitted as a member in the same class to which he/she belonged previously, by the Council, on an application made by him/her on that behalf, provided he/she clears up all arrear subscriptions before he/she can be readmitted by the Council.
- A member shall ipso facto cease to be a member of the Institute on his/her death, or if he/she withdraws his/her membership or if he/she is adjudicated by a competent court to be of unsound mind or is convicted for an offence involving moral turpitude. A Student member shall cease to be such member immediately on cessation of his/her studies for the course for a degree or diploma on the basis of which he/she was admitted to membership.
- The Council may, after due investigation, suspend for any period any member from the membership of the Institute for any act of omission or commission which is in violation of the memorandum and regulations or is against the interest of the Institute or constitutes neglect or refusal to abide by any regulations and by-laws of the Institute or the concerned chapter, or is likely to bring discredit to the Institute, provided that no member shall be suspended unless he/she has been given an opportunity to explain his/her conduct. A suspended member shall cease to be entitled to the benefits and rights of membership, but he/she shall have a right to appeal against such decision to the general body of the Institute in a general meeting immediately followed such suspension provided he/she files the memorandum of appeal with the general secretary within sixty days of his/her suspension.
- Any member may be expelled from the Institute by the general body, provided that such decision is taken by a two-thirds majority vote of the members present at a general meeting held for the purpose and the member proposed to be expelled has been given an opportunity to explain the charges leveled against him/her.
|Individual Membership - (w.e.f. 01-04-2015)
|Life (Individual) (One time payment)
|Note: Corporate & Associate Membership Renewal every year by paying Membership Fee only
|Organization with manpower 500 & above
|Organization with Manpower less than 500
|Note: Renewal once in 3 years by paying Membership Fee only
Download Application Form